I recently visited the islands of Maui and the Big Island in Hawaii. I am excited to share with you some tips for anyone visiting these beautiful islands! There’s so much to do and see on each island, plus beautiful beaches to relax on. Perfect for honeymoon couples wanting to relax and have some adventure!
Maui Revealed: This is the best guidebook for helpful tips on the best beaches, restaurants, and drives around the island. Be sure to get the most recent edition available.
- Downtown Lahaina – This is a really nice area and has a lot of restaurants on the water. There’s also good shopping here too.
- Wailea – I think that Wailea is the nicest area on the island. It feels much more upscale & exclusive than other parts of the island and is also home to some of the best hotels & restaurants. I would definitely recommend staying in this area.
- The Shops at Wailea – This is an outdoor mall with great shops and restaurants.
- Walking Trails –There are trails right along the beach in front of the hotels in Wailea. Great way to start out your day! Keep an eye out for dolphins jumping in the waves right off shore!
- Makena Beach – Beautiful beach with pretty calm waters. The parking is super convenient too. After a hot day at the beach, make sure to grab some shaved ice for the ride home!
Not only are there so many beautiful areas of Maui, there’s also so much to do!
- Helicopter Tours: One thing I love to tell clients about doing in the beginning of a Hawaiian escape is a helicopter tour. Helicopter tours in Hawaiian are a MUST! The geography of the island is breathtaking, and there’s no better way to see it all than from above.
- Zip Lining: If you haven’t done this before you must do it in Maui! This is so fun and the views are gorgeous!
- Kai Kanani: Sail out to Molokini for a fun day of snorkeling & basking in the sun. They also offer sunset sailing trips.
- Road to Hana: This is a big attraction in Maui and is definitely something you should see if you’re visiting the island. Maui Revealed has great tips on where to stop along the way to see the best waterfalls! Below are pictures of our Road to Hana adventure…
- Lahania Grill – One of the best restaurants on the island. Be sure to make reservations. Grab a cocktail at a beachfront restaurant to watch the sunset before dinner!
- Mulligans on the Blue – Fun sports bar with great food as well.
- Capische – Italian restaurant in Hotel Wailea with incredible food! This was our favorite meal in Maui. Be sure to make reservations and ask to sit in the gardens!
- Monkeypod Kitchen – Delicious restaurant in Wailea – lots of good variety
- Tommy Bahamas – Really nice restaurant with great food & live music on most nights
Check back later this week to hear about the fabulous places we stayed in Maui and the Big Island!
Interested in going to Hawaii for your honeymoon? Contact us!